Our Blog

My First Break: Samantha


How it happened

I'm from Chennai, and was a student of Stella Maris. In my spare time, I used to do modelling, and that landed me my first film Moscowvin Kaviri. However, my first release was Ye Maaya Chesave, the Telugu remake of Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya, and first release in Tamil was Baana Kaathadi.

How it felt

I was both nervous as well as excited when I watched the family show of Baana… People congratulated me, and I was very happy.

How life changed

People have begun recognising me. In fact, in Andhra Pradesh, people call me Jessie (after my role in Ye…), and here, Priya (after Baana…). I'm delighted when strangers come up to me and have a few good words for me — I'm certainly enjoying all this attention. I've been getting offers since the release of Baana… I've also signed two Telugu films. I'm game for good and powerful roles in Tamil films.

- - The Hindu

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAMANTHA FANS ☆ | Copyright © 2014

Theme images by richcano. Powered by Blogger.