Our Blog

Samantha on a roll !!

Barely a movie old and debutante Samantha already seems on a roll. Even before her T-Town debut costarring Naga Chaitanya had hit the screens, Samantha had started shooting for Brindavanam opposite NTR Junior. In fact, now that Ye Maya Chesavo has hit BO gold, Samantha seems to be totally floored by Chaitanya’s charms. “He was awesome, one of the most helpful co-stars a newcomer can have. And very, very encouraging,” she gushes.

Of course, the bonhomie was evident as the reel jodi scorched the screen with their sizzling chemistry. “My initial apprehensions evaporated the minute I met him and he put me at ease. We could do our intimate love scenes without any awkwardness or inhibitions,” she avers. So there were no uncomfortable moments doing the liplock? “It wasn’t a liplock really, more like a soft peck on the lips. Most importantly it was aesthetically shot. However, I wouldn’t like to indulge in screen liplocks for the sake of it,” she points out categorically.

Reprising the Telugu version of a film which has already become a Kollywood blockbuster starring Trisha wasn’t easy. But the perky newcomer says that she “didn’t go out of her way” to try “something dramatically different from what Trisha did. It would have been mad to attempt such a thing and would mean professional hara-kiri. I wasn’t ever trying to outdo a senior like Trisha. I think Trisha is extremely talented and experienced. And she also happens to be one of my favourite actresses. I simply followed the director’s (Gautam Menon) instructions when I did the film.”

A Telugu-Malayli (she is the daughter of a Telugu-speaking father and Malalayi mother), Samantha doesn’t know a word of Telugu. “We speak Tamil and English at home, so Telugu is alien to me. I had great difficulty in mugging up the dialogues, but now I can speak a few words,” she says. Nevertheless, Samantha would like to do more Tollywood films. “ I am comfortable doing significant roles even if they are not necessarily lead roles. Authorbacked roles will come my way once in a while, so I’d like to make the best from the work I am offered,”she says. The commerce grad who’s now equally excited about her Tamil debut Baana says, “It’s a lovely role. I had signed this film first, but my Telugu film became my launchpad in films. For me the language doesn’t matter, I’m interested in meaty roles.”

Unlike other 20-somethings, the new age professional doesn’t party hard. “I party with friends, dine out and catch movies like any other normal girl. At the end of the day, I’m just another young professional,” she says while signing off.

Courtesy: TOI

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAMANTHA FANS ☆ | Copyright © 2014

Theme images by richcano. Powered by Blogger.